Popular Hyderabadi dish made from long green chillies which is traditionally served with biryani.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- 6 Chillies (bajji milagai), slit length wise
- 3 tablespoons Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Grated Coconut
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic, cloves
- 1 Ginger, an inch piece
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon White sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Tamarind juice made from pulp.
- Curry leaves few
- Shallow fry chillies and keep aside.
- Dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds, coconut separately and grind along with little water to make salan paste.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, red chillies, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute for few minutes.
- Add salan paste, masala spices and cook over low flame. Adjust consistency with water..
- Add tamarind juice, jaggery, fried chillies and cook until gravy thickens.
- Serve Mirchi ka Salan with biryani and roti.