Upma is a popular South Indian breakfast dish usually made with semolina or sooji. It can also be made using rajgira flour. Rajgira upma is an ideal dish for breakfast as it is protein-rich, wholesome and nutritious.
- 1 cup rajgira/amaranth flour
- 1 sized potato, medium size,cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped green
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 4 -5 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds. Fry ginger, curry leaves, and green chili and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add potato and peanut and sauté for another 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add Rajgira flour, salt, black pepper and again sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add 3 cups water. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice. Serve Rajgira upma.