Seedai is prepared as an offering to Lord Krishna during Sri Krishna Jayanthi/Gokulashtami. Godhumai Thengaipaal Uppu Seedai is made with wheat flour, coconut milk and spices.
- Category: Snacks Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons urad dhal powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 50 gms butter, melted
- Oil for deep frying
- Water-coconut milk mixture
- Tie wheat flour in a clean white cloth and steam cook for 15 minutes.
- Break the flour without any lumps and sieve well.
- Sieve rice flour and dry roast until hot.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well to form a crumbled mixture.
- Add the water-coconut milk mixture and make a smooth dough.
- Make small balls from the dough and deep fry in medium heat until golden brown.
- Store Godhumai Thengaipaal Uppu Seedai in an airtight container.