Loochi is a deep fried flatbread prepared with plain flour, curd and carom seeds. It is often served with dal or potato based curry. Loochi / Luchi is often kept soft as compared to traditional puri.
- Category: Bread Recipes, Kashmiri Recipes
- 1 kilogram Maida/Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/4 teaspoon Carom seeds.
- Refined oil for frying
- Clean malmal cloth
- 1 Roller pin and 1 Bread board
- Combine plain flour and carom seeds and then knead it with whipped curd and water to form a soft dough.
- Apply a thin film of oil on dough and cover it with wet malmal cloth and a lid. Keep aside for 2- 3 hours for fermentation.
- Make small balls from the dough and flatten them on a bread board with a roller pin.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry loochis on both sides. Generally kept soft and not crisp
- Enjoy loochis hot with potato curry or dal.