Bilimbi fruit stir fried with coconut and spices
- 1 cup tender Bilimbi, split lengthwise into 4 parts
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut, scrapped
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Shallots, chopped lengthwise
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 Red chillies, cut into pieces
- Mix bilimbi with coconut, chilli powder, shallots, curry leaves and salt.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves, bilimbi mixture and cook covered for 5 minutes/till water is fully absorbed
- Serve Irumban puli thoran with rice.