Sheer chai is a traditional tea from Kashmir prepared with milk, salt and baking soda. It is a beautiful pink colored tea with a slight salty taste.
- Category: Beverage Recipes, Kashmiri Recipes
- 1/4 teaspoon Tea leaves
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 1 Cardamom, crushed
- 3 grams fresh Ginger, crushed
- 1 Steel bowl/Patila
- Boil tea leaves, baking soda with two cups of water on a low flame for 20-25 minutes till the color becomes blackish red.
- Add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, ginger, salt and cardamom and boil on medium flame.
- Pour Sheer chai in a cup, add cream and enjoy.