Sisnu ko tarkari is typical preparation made in himalayan regions of Nepal and India using local Nettle leaves / Stinging leaves or Sisnu. It is spiced with garlic and locally grown sichuan pepper or timur.
- 10 garlic pods
- 1 teaspoon timur / Sichuan pepper husks
- 3 green chilies
- 500 grams sisnu / Nettle leaf / Stinging leaf
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour, mixed with 1 cup water
- Grind garlic pods, green chilies and timur along with salt and little water. Keep aside.
- Heat a litre or more of water. Add wet corn flour. Mix well.
- Add garlic paste and bring to boil.
- Carefully add nettle leaves. Allow them to blanch. Keep stirring.
- Mash or blend the soup.
- Serve Sisnu ko tarkari hot with dhindo.