Rice pudding made with jaggery
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 1/2 cup Rice, washed soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Jaggery, as per taste
- 3 tablespoons Sugar, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 3 tablespoons cashews, almonds and raisins
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Ghee roast dry fruits till light golden. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook rice along with water. Keep aside.
- Bring milk to boil. Add cooked rice. Continue heating till mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle ground cardamom. Mix well and stop heating. Adjust taste with sugar and jaggery. Garnish with roasted nuts.
- Serve Paravannam warm or chilled.