Drumstick cooked in mustard paste in Bengali way.
- 2 Drumsticks (sahajan phalli), scraped and cut in 2 inch piece
- 2 Potato, peeled and wedged
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds / sarson paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella seeds/ kalonji
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds/ jeera
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil, preferably mustard oil
- Salt, as per taste
- Heat oil. Stir fry drumsticks for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Stir fry potatoes till they change colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Add nigella seeds and jeera. Sauté for a minute.
- Add fried vegetables, mustard paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and cook covered for 5 minutes till vegetables are done.
- Adjust taste with sugar and salt.
- Serve Sojne Datar Chorchori along with steamed rice and dal.