Potatoes cooked in yogurt gravy
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into finger fries
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 strip of cinnamon bark
- 5 -6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Pinch hing (asafetida)
- 2 tablespoons raw rice
- 3 green cardamoms
- 6 cups of yogurt whisked
- Grind raw rice and green cardamoms with little water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee. Add black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, hing and cumin seeds.
- Add the sliced onions
- Add coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt.
- Add the potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes till potatoes are almost cooked.
- Mix the ground rice with the whisked yogurt.
- Add the yogurt mixture to potatoes and keep stirring on medium heat till the gravy comes to a boil.
- Let it boil additionally for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and cilantro and serve hot.