Pachi Pasupu Pulusu
Spicy tangy turmeric curry made in Andhra pradesh
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Curry Recipes
- 50 grams Raw turmeric roots, peeled and chopped in pieces
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon jaggery
- 1 piece ginger, inch long
- 6 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 3 dried chilies
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 cup water
- Blend turmeric roots, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, jaggery, salt and tamarind to fine paste with one cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds, hing, dried chilies and curry leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric pulusu and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes till oil separates.
- Serve Pachi Pasupu Pulusu with steamed rice.