Besan ka chilada
Veg alternate to omlette made from chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups besan/ chickpea flour
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 teaspoon tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain/ carom seeds
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mix besan with powdered spices, ajwain, baking soda and salt.
- Add water and continue whisking till batter if flowy.
- Add chopped chillies, coriander, onions and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Heat flat pan. Grease with bit of oil. Pour batter on hot pan and spread to round shape. Cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and allow other side to be cooked. Grease edges.
- Serve hot along with green chutney or tomato ketchup.