Popular street food from Cuttack, it is vegetable croquette with colourful vegetables including carrot, beet, beans and cabbage.
- 4 Potaoes, boiled
- 2 cups Cabbage, thin slices
- 1/4 cup Beet, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Beans, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped Onions
- 2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch / rice flour
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur
- 1 cup Bread crumbs for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 4 Red Chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves, finely chopped
- Oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons Tomatoe sauce
- Make spice paste by mixing tomato sauce with red chili powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Stir fry vegetables (beets, carrots, beans, chilies, onions and cabbage) with little oil, garlic and rasins.
- Add tomoto spice mixture to vegetables. Add mint leaves and garam masala. Mix and cook till vegetables are done.
- Mix mashed boiled potatoes with corn starch, red chili powder, black pepper powder, amchur and salt.
- Take lemon sized potato mixture. Flatten and add a teaspoon of vegetable mixture. Gather potato mixture from sides to make cylindrical shapes.
- Coat with bread crumbs and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney.