Nachani / Ragi or Finger millet is one of the healthy millets. It is locally grown in western ghats along Konkan region. This is simple dosa recipe using nachani millet instead of rice.
- 2 cups Nachani, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1 cup Urad dal, soaked in water for 5 hours
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds / methi dana, soaked in water for 5 hours
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Grind Nachani, urad dal and fenugreek seeks.
- Allow this batter to ferment overnight or 7-8 hours.
- Use this batter, add salt and adjust consistency with water.
- Heat tawa. Pour spoonful of batter and spread in circular fashion .
- Cook on both sides. Grease with oil for crisp dosa.
- Serve Nachani dosa with coconut chutney.