Fritters made from banana blossoms
- Category: Snacks Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 cup Vazhaipoo / Banana Florets, finely chopped
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Channa Dal
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1/4 cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 cup Urad Dal
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 Dried Red Chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon Hing / Asafoetida Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak all the dals together for 3 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Grind all the soaked dals along with dried red chilli, curry leaves, hing and salt to a semi coarse thick batter. Do not add any water while grinding.
- Temper vada batter with hot ghee.
- Add chopped Vazhaipoo, onion and fresh coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Make lemon size equal portions of the batter. Take one portion and shape it into a ball and flatten it into a circular disc.
- Deep fry discs on medium flame till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve Vazhaipoo Vadai hot as snack along with chutney