Roungi madra is a tasty dish from Himachal Pradesh where black eyed beans is cooked in a yogurt gravy. It tastes great with rice or roti.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Himachali Recipes
- 2 tablespoons Clarified butter
- 1 bowl Black- eyed beans (rongi- dal)
- 1/2 kilogram Curd (beaten)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- Cook rongi- dal (black-eyed beans) in a pressure cooker for 10-15 minutes on a low flame.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, and boiled beans. Sauté well.
- Pour beaten curd over it, while stirring continuously.
- Add red chili powder and salt. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the curd is fully absorbed into the beans.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Roungi Madra hot with rice or rotis.