A yogurt curry with stir fried okra
- 1 cup Bhindi (okra), cut into medium pieces
- 3/4 cup Dahi (yogurt )
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1 Green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Gingerchopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves for garnish
- Stir fry bindi in little oil till nicely cooked and crispy.
- In a bowl, beat yogurt with besan. Add turmeric powder and salt. Add water and whisk.
- Heat oil and crackle hing, mustard seeds, fenuegreek seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and ginger.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to temper and bring to boil.
- Add stir fried bindi and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.