Bhangui is a traditional dish of Tripura prepared by boiling sun- dried rice with ginger, onion and ghee in banana leaf.
- 1 kilogram White flavored sticky rice (Binni rice/ Govindobhog Rice), washed and dried in the Sun
- 2 Ginger pieces, inch long
- 2 Onion, large
- 250 grams Oil/ghee
- 5 Bhangui / Banana leaf
- Salt as per taste
- Mix rice with ghee/edible oil, onion, ginger and salt.
- Make a cone shape with banana leaf and fill it with the rice mixture.
- Tie the banana leaf tightly, place it in water and boil for an hour.
- Serve Bhangui hot.