Rajgira wada is a popular snack, as well as a fasting food made using rajgira flour and potatoes. Minimally spiced, this is a very healthy dish that is rather simple and easy to make.
- 1 cup rajgira flour
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed green chili
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix rajgira flour, oil, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, ginger paste, red chili powder, green chili, chopped coriander, mashed potatoes and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Knead well to make a soft dough. Divide the dough into small balls. Roll and press to make flat wada.
- Deep fry wadas in oil until cooked on both sides and beautiful golden-brown color.
- Serve the rajgira wadas with masala curd or sweet yogurt.