Sweetened and thickened milk with chopped nuts, flavored with cardamom and saffron. Often made during the festivals like Diwali, bhai dooj, raksha bandhan, gudi padwa or any special occasions.
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes
- 1 liter Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon Cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- Saffron – few strands
- 1 tablespoon Nuts - Almonds, cashew, pistachios
- Boil and reduce milk to half. Keep siding the milk while heating.
- Add sugar, nuts and flavorings.
- Serve basundi warm or cold