Green garlic are called Maroi nakuppi in Manipuri language. Based on their availability, they are enjoyed as stir fried preparation along with other vegetables and herbs.
- 250 grams green garlic / Maroi Nakuppi
- 5 green chillies, slit half
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 boris
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup beans, soaked
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon machal / spice mix
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Fry boris in hot oil and keep aside.
- Add and splutter bay leaves. Add some green garlic, ginger and garlic, coriander powder, garam masala, machal, turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add all green garlic leaves. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add beans, green chllies and mix. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Mix well. Add 200 ml water and continue cooking. Add salt.
- Add boris and continue cooking for 10 minute more till potatoes, beans and baris are cooked.
- Serve Maroi Nakuppi Thongba hot with rice.