Luchi aur Dum Aloo
Luchi is a type of fried flatbread made with all purpose flour, ghee and warm water. It tastes great with dum aloo, which is a spicy potato curry.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Potato Recipes
- 3 cups All purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- Salt to taste.
- 500 grams Baby Potatoes
- 1 big Bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 6 Red Chillies dry
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 3 Cinnamon stick, inch long
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, crushed
- 5 1/2 tablespoons Ginger, crushed
- 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 2 Lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder, roasted
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- Corainder leaves
- Combine all purpose flour, salt, ghee and warm water and knead into a very soft pliable dough. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll lemon sized ball from the kneaded dough and deep fry until light golden.
- Combine all spice powders with little water to form thick paste. Keep aside.
- Boil potatoes, peel and prick with a fork and keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil. Splutter whole spices, bay leaf and cumin seeds. Add onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Fry till translucent.
- Add spice powder paste and salt and sauté till oil separates. Add tomato puree and cook until it thickens.
- Add cooked potatoes. Stir fry. Add water as per consistency required.
- Add lime leaves and roasted cumin powder. Mix well. Cook covered for 5 min. Garnish coriander leaves.
- Serve Luchi hot with dum aloo, onion and lime wedges.