Baby potatoes cooked in yogurt and spices
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 10 baby potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- 8 cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 onion sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup thick curd / yogurt
- 2 medium tomato (chopped)
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/2 cup green peas (optional)
- Boil potatoes till just cooked. Peel and fork them over the surface.
- Heat oil in pan and shallow fry the potatoes. Drain and keep them aside.
- Add oil to a pan. Heat. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf. Add fennel powder and hing. Add ginger paste and saute for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and (green peas, if using) and cook till the tomatoes turn fully mushy. Use little water if required and cook.
- Add red chili powder, sugar, coriander powder and sugar if using, mix and cook for about 2 minutes
- Add in the potatoes and stir well. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Pour yogurt and add water to bring consistency.
- Simmer on a low flame for 5 to 10 minutes without burning.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.