Quick, simple and spicy snack made from beaten rice
- Category: Oriya Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 bowl Beaten Rice / Poha / Chiwda
- 1 onion, small
- 1 potato, small, optional
- 1/3 teaspoon mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, fennel
- 1 green chilli
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- lemon, half
- 1/3 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 curry leaves, stem
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Coriander leaves
- Freshly grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Wash the beaten rice and keep aside.
- Cut the onion and potatoes into long strips. Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, roast peanuts till they start crackling. Remove and keep aside.
- Add 2 tsp more oil and crackle mustard-fenugreek-fennel-coriander seeds, curry leaves, turmeric and green chilli.
- Add onion and potato pieces with a little bit of salt.
- Cover the pan and cook till they are almost done.
- Add the washed poha and stir gently to mix it well with the other ingredients.
- Put in some more salt and cook for 2-3 minutes till done.
- Add roasted peanuts, grated coconut, coriander leaves and squeeze the lemon over it. Mix gently and serve with tomato sauce.