Xutuli (meaning a traditional musical instrument of Assam, of the same name made of clay or stump of a bamboo tree) shaped dumplings stuffed with Jaggery and sesame seeds
- Category: Assamese Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- 1/2 kilogram Bora Saool / sticky variety of rice
- 200 grams Goor / jaggery
- 250 grams Teel / sesame seeds
- 250 milliliters Oil
- Wash Bora Saool. Drain and dry. Grind to find powder.
- Wash teel and scrub to remove skin. Roast and grind to coarse powder.
- Mix teel powder with grated jaggery to form stuffing.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp. jaggery wit 1/2 cup water and powdered bora saool. Knead to soft dough.
- Take small piece of dough. Flatten with hand, stuff about 1 tsp of mixture and seal edges.
- Deep fry Xutulies in hot oil on medium heat till golden brown.
- Serve Xutuli Pitha hot.