Sochal Nadir is a delicious Kashmiri curry prepared with mallow leaves, lotus stem and spices. It tastes great with rice or roti.
- Category: Kashmiri Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 1 kilogram Sochal or mallow leaves, washed and drained
- 250 grams Lotus stem, peeled and cut into round slices
- 3 Whole dried Kashmiri red chilli
- 2 tablespoons Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Ginger powder / soonth
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida / hing
- Deep fry lotus stem in oil. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry onions till brown.
- Add Kashmiri red chili powder, asafetida, ginger powder, fried lotus stems,whole dried Kashmiri red chilies and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till all ingredients are cooked well.
- Serve Sochal Nadir with rice or rotis.