Padavalanga parippu curry is a delicious side dish prepared with snake gourd and mung dal.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 1 medium sized Snake gourd, cubed
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 Green chilly
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Mung dal, dry roasted
- 3/4 cup grated Coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- A pinch Fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 Shallot, diced
- 2 -3 Dry Red chilly
- 2 teaspoons Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Cook mung dal till it becomes soft and mushy.
- Add snake guard and cook covered till it becomes soft and tender.
- Make a fine paste of coconut, cumin and fennel.
- Add paste and crushed green chilly to the curry. Mix well and bring to a boil. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped shallots, red chilly and curry leaves and pour it over the curry.
- Serve Padavalanga parippu curry with rice.