Nashpati ka halwa
Porridge made from pear
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Garhwali Recipes, Himachali Recipes, Kumaoni Recipes
- 4 Pears / nashpati, medium size, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 tablespoons khoya / milk solids
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- Few almonds
- Heat ghee and roast pears till fine paste is formed.
- Add sugar, milk powder and condensed milk. Keep stirring until mixture is reduced to half.
- Add cardamom powder. Mix well. Ganrish with nuts/saffron.
- Serve nashpati halwa hot.