Purple mogri is also known as Lila Mougri or Rat Tail Radish. This vegetable is very seasonal and available in markets only during winters. It is part of radish family hence has distinct pungent flavour. It loses its flavor and crunch when cooked, hence this purple vegetable is best used in salads, raitas and for garnishing curry.
This is simple and popular recipe to make with Purple mogri.
- A bunch of fresh mogri, cleaned and chopped finely
- 2 cups yogurt / dahi
- 1 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small piece ginger, grated/finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- Sugar, as per taste
- Salt, as per taste
- Mix all ingredients with yogurt.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar.
- Serve mogri raita as a side dish!