Kadgi Teppla Randai
Kadgi Teppla Randai is a Konkani dish made from Breadfruit with coconut and local spices – Kokum and teppal.
- 1 cup tur dal, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1 Kadgi / Kate phanas or Breadfruit, clean outer skin and cubed
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4 dry red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 10 teppal / sichuan pepper husks
- 3 pieces Kokum
- Grind coconut, red chillies and turmeric powder to smooth paste. Add teppal to paste and grind the mixture. Keep aside.
- Boil Tur dal with water till dal is fully cooked. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook breadfruit pieces with 1 cup water for 1 whistle on high flame.
- Mix cooked breadfruit along with masala and tur dal.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with kokum and salt.
- Heat the mixture and bring to boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve Kate Panas / Kadgi Teppla Randai hot with rice.