Tangy and sweet curry of ripe guavas
- 2 large-size ripe guavas
- 1/2 teaspoon grated jaggery
- 2 teaspoons roasted and powdered sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons groundnut powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala/Goda Masala
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Scoop out core with seeds. Chop remaining guavas.
- Heat oil in pan. Crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add asafoetida and turmeric powder. Stir for some time.
- Add chopped guavas, jaggery and salt. Mix well.
- Add 3 - 4 tablespoon of water, cover with the lid and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the goda masala, chilli powder, groundnut powder, sesame powder and mix nicely.
- Cook for next few more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Serve Peruchi Bhaji warm with Roti.