Tamil nadu breakfast recipe of Puttu made from ragi flour
- 2 cups Ragi flour
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon urad dal
- 2 Green chillies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 4 Curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Mix salt with ragi flour in a bowl. Sprinkle some water and crumble flour.
- Steam for 10 minutes in idly cooker or puttu maker.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add onion, green chillies and asafoetida.
- Add cooked ragi puttu and mix. Adjust taste with salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot Ragi puttu.