Malabar Spinach Seeds cooked along with spices
- 250 grams Malabar spinach seeds
- 1 Potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic (chopped)
- 4 Green chilly (slit)
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – a pinch.
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Panch phoran seeds
- 2 Dry red chilly
- Wash the seeds and potato cubes, keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add dry chilli and fry till brown. Add Panch phoran.
- Add onion, fry till onions are transparent.
- Add potato cubes, ginger and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Malabar spinach seeds, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water, sugar and green chilly.
- Cook covered till seeds soften and water dries up.
- Serve with rice.