Bajre Ki Khichdi
Porridge made from pearl millet
- 1/2 cup Bajra, dehusked and washed
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- Green Chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinches Asafoetida
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, ginger and turmeric.
- Add drained bajra and moong dal. Saute for 2 minutes. Add 3 cups water and salt.
- Pressure cook till bajra is cooked and soft.
- Serve Bajre Ki Khichdi along with curd.