Chamba Chukh is a Himachali pickle made with chillies, lime juice, salt and mustard oil.
- Category: Chutney Recipes, Himachali Recipes, Pickle Recipes
- 1 cup Locally grown chillies / sun-dried red chillies or fresh green chillies, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds/ methi dana
- 2 tablespoons saunf / Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya / Corriander seeds
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Ginger garlic coarse paste
- 2 tablespoons dry mango powder/ amchur
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- Grind chillies to a smooth paste. Roast whole spices and ground to powder.
- Combine all the other ingredients. Blend well.
- Store Chamba Chukh in an airtight bottle.