Spiced and boiled Lentils, vegetables and rice medley
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 cup Veggies (carrot, peas, beans, spinach)
- 1/2 cup Masoor Dal, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal, washed and drained
- 4 tablespoons Ghee, divided
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- Heat 2 Tbsp ghee. Roast bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and cumin seeds for two minutes.
- Add dal and rice. Saute for a minute. Add vegetables and stir fry for two minutes.
- Pressure cook mixture till rice is cooked.
- Add 2 tbsp. ghee and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Bihari Khichadi along with yogurt.