Maiha Makhana is makhana, potatoes and tinda/indian small gourd cooked in spice gravy in Sindhi style.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Sindhi Recipes
- 1/2 cup makhana, roasted and crisp
- 200 grams indian baby gourd / tinda
- 200 grams potatoes, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- Few coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Stir fry makhana in little ghee till slight brown. Crush 4-5 makhana coarsely. Keep aside
- Heat Oil. Fry green chillies, ginger and onions. Saute till onion is slight brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Cool mixture and grind with little water to form smooth paste.
- Heat oil and stir fry tinda and potatoes. Saute. Add water and cover cooked till potatoes are cooked.
- Add onion paste, spice powders and other ingredients. Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Maiha makhana hot with roti.