Chana dal cooked with spices and makhana.
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 cup makhana, roasted and crisp
- 1 pinch Hing / asafoetida
- 2 teaspoons jeera
- 2 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tomoato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 cups boiled chana dal
- 2 dry red chilli
- 5 curry leaves
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, hing and green chillies. Saute.
- Add tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, red chilli powder. Add little water and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add boiled chana dal. Mix. Add 2 cups water. Cover and cook till dal boils.
- Add makhana and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Temper the dal with curry leaves and dry red chilli fried in ghee.
- Serve chana dal makhana hot with steamed rice.