Pickle made from healthy rhizomes – Ginger, Raw Turmeric and Mango ginger.
- 1/2 cup Raw Turmeric / Manjal, grated
- 1/4 cup Ginger, peeled, cleaned and grated
- 1/4 cup Mango ginger / Manga inji / Amba haldi
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asofoetida / hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, as per to taste
- 1/2 cup oil
- Take a clean try glass jar. Transfer grated turmeric and ginger.
- Add spices and pour heated oil at near room temperature.
- Mix well. Add lemon juice and salt.
- Close the jar and keep in sunlight for 4-5 days. This will improve shelf life and taste.
- Serve Manjal Inji Oorugai as side dish.