Chakka Koonjil Thoran
Chakka koonjil thoran is a tasty stir fry dish prepared with the inner most part of a mature jackfruit. It tastes best with steamed rice.
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 2 cups Raw jackfruit stem, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Perumjeeragam / fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 cup Freshly grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 Red chillies
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 cup Dry coconut pieces, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Heat oil and roast seasonings.
- Add washed and chopped jackfruit stem, ¼ cup of water, dry coconut pieces, turmeric powder, pepper powder and required salt and cook covered.
- Crush the masala ingredients coarsely and add it to the cooked jackfruit stem.
- Mix well, close the lid and cook in medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes
- Serve chakka koonjil thoran with rice.