Aloo Zika Chutney
Aloo Zika Chutney is simple side dish made in Arunachal Pradesh from ridge gourd and seasonal vegetables and minimal spices.
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Arunachal Pradesh Recipes, Chutney Recipes
- 1 zika / ridge gourd, cleaned
- 1 tomato
- 3 potoato, medium sized boiled
- 2 teaspoons mustard oil
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 3 chillies, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Heat a cup of water and bring to boil. Cook whole ridgourd in water. Allow to cook till ridge gouard is cooked.
- Roast tomato on fire till charred outside. Place tomatoe in water to cool. Peel outer charred skin and keep aside.
- Mash boiled potatoes, rid gourd, tomato to coarse paste.
- Add salt, mustard oil, green chillies, ginger and chopped oninos. Mix well.
- Serve aloo zika chutney as side dish