Bamboo shoot is a popular ingredient in the North East India cuisine. Arunachali Bamboo shoot achar is a simple recipe of making bamboo shoot achar in Arunachali way.
- 1 kilogram green hot chillies, available in local Arunachal market
- 1 kilogram bamboo shoot
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt as per taste
- Clean and wash green chillies. Allow to dry. Place a cut length wise in the chillies, without cutting them in half.
- Squeeze bamboo shoots to remove excess water.
- Heat about oil and fry green chllies till slightly soft.
- Remove chillies and keep aside.
- Add more oil in same pan and fry bamboo shoots. Mix wel.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chillies. Mix and continue heating for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in clean airtight container.
- Place container in sunlight for 3-5 days to enable pickling.
- Serve bamboo shoot achaar as side dish.