Panchakhadya is a sweet dish made with just 5 ingredients. It is prepared as an offering to Lord Ganesh during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. This recipe is a sweet fried dumpling with Panchakhadya stuffed inside.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, dry roasted and ground coarsely
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, dry roasted
- 1/2 cup rock sugar, grounded coarsely
- 1 tablespoon kismish
- 1 tablespoon dired dates chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1 cup All purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 cup semolina / rava
- Milk to knead dough
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Grind coconut, poppy seeds and sugar into a fine powder.
- Add chopped dates, sultanas and cardamom powder and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, semolina and salt.
- Add 3 tbsp gheeto the flour mixture and knead by adding milk to form a stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for an hour.
- Roll the dough into small circles and place a spoonful of filling in the middle.
- Pinch the edges of the circles and bring them together to form momos.
- Deep fry them until golden brown.
- Serve panchkhadya khirapat modak warm when its most crispy.