Maharashtrian dish made with sprouted moth beans, boiled potato and some spices.
- 2 cups sprouted Moth beans / matki
- 1 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Potato, small
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoons Goda masala
- 2 teaspoons Red chili powder
- Salt - to taste
- 6 Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Asafoetida or hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- Pressure cook matki along with cut potato.
- Heat oil. Crackle mustard seeds and curry leaves. Roast spices - turmeric, red chilli powder, garlic, ginger, hing, goda masala.
- Add matki to temper and mix. Add little water and cook covered for few minutes.
- Adjust taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Serve matki chi usal hot along with chapatti.