Rich Gujarati dessert made from full fat milk and rice.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Gujarati Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 2 litre full fat milk
- 2 tablespoons basmati rice washed and soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 200 grams sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 3 tablespoons almonds and pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Mix ghee into soaked rice. Keep aside.
- Heat milk and bring to boil. Keep stirring and reduce milk for about 30-40 minutes.
- Add rice and cook till milk is creamier.
- Add sugar as per taste. Keep cooking while mixing till sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle cardamom and nutmeg powder. Garnish with almonds and pistachio.
- Serve doodh pak hot or chilled along with puri.