Caramelized jackfruit cooked along with onions
- 250 grams Jackfruit, peeled and cubed
- 250 grams Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 5 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 black cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick 1 inch long broken
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole dry red chillies
- 3 tejpatta / bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Heat oil. Raost whole spices - bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, peppercorns, whole red chillies and cinnamon.
- Add and fry ginger and garlic. Add onion and jackfruit. Stir fry.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook without water till onions are brown.
- Add half cup of water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes till jackfruit is soft and caramalized.
- Serve Kathal ka dopyaza hot.