Hummus like side dish made from split chickpeas
- Category: Assamese Recipes, Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1/4 cup masur dali / split red lentils
- 1 1/2 cups bootor dali / chana dal /split chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ginger, inch long peeled and chopped
- 1 green chilli, slit
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon grated jaggery/sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Grind onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic into paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin, red chillies and bay leaf. Fry the onion paste along with dry spice powders.
- Now as mixture thickens, add dal and mix till nicely coated with spices.
- Add jaggery and water, such that ingredients submerge with inch of water above.
- Pressure cook over low heat.
- Allow to cook and add chopped coriander. Adjust taste with salt.
- Serve Bootor dali hot with roti.