kaddu ka maani
Kaddu ka maani is a delicious specialty of Himachal Pradesh made with pumpkin. It is quick and easy to prepare dish and can be served with rice.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Himachali Recipes
- 1/2 kilogram Kaddu, peeled and diced in to big chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Saunf
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi dana
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Deggi mirch
- Lemon sized ball of tamarind, soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon Besan dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 Dried red chillies
- Heat oil in a pan and fry dried red chillies , jeera , saunf, coriander seeds and methi dana.
- Add deggi mirch, red chilli powder powder, asafetida, turmeric powder, diced pumpkin, salt , and around 1/2 cup water. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till the pumpkin becomes tender.
- Add tamarind extract and besan dissolved in water. Continue cooking till gravy thickens to desired consistency.
- Serve Kaddu ka maani hot with rice.