Mustang Aloo is spiced french fries made with local spices in Mustang region in Nepal. It tastes spicy and zesty and serves as an excellent snack.
- Category: Potato Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Sikkim Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 2 Large Pototoes, boiled, peeled and wedged
- 6 Dry red chillies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Timur / Sichuan Pepper, husks
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 piece ginger, half inch long, grated
- 3 garlic pods, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder / cumin seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dhania powder / coriander seed powder
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- Stir fry potato wedges in oil till slight golden brown on all sides.
- Roast 4 dry chilies and timur. Grind to powder.
- Heat oil. Fry fenugreek seeds, 2 dry red chillies, ginger, and garlic.
- Add timur powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder and coriander seed powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped green coriander leaves and spring onions. Mix well.
- Add salt and red chilli powder as per taste.
- Add fried potatoes and mix well till all masala blends with potaotes.
- Serve Mustan Aloo as snack.