Rice cooked in excess milk along with nuts
- 1 cup Rice (washed & soaked)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 cups Milk
- 4 Cardamom (slightly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Raisin
- Few cashew nuts
- Few cherries for garnishing
- Boil the milk in pressure cooker, add the bay leaves, cardamom, cook for few minutes. Add the soaked rice, sugar and give a stir.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for a whistle, put the flame in simmer and cook for 10 minutes
- Once the pressure gets released, cook the kheer in medium flame.
- Add the raisins, grated coconut, cashew nuts,cook for few seconds.
- Serve warm topped with few dry fruits and cherries.